The Headline: ANDREW OYE'S IFBB PRO LEAGUE OLYMPIA PREVIEW: JOE WEIDER'S OLYMPIA FITNESS AND PERFORMANCE WEEKEND BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIPS: OLYMPIA QUALIFICATION SERIES RANKINGS - OPEN DIVISIONThe Item:
IFBB Pro League Olympia Preview, Andrew Oye's IFBB Pro Athletes RoundupThe Scoop:
Just Announced: The International Federation of Bodybuilding and Fitness and promoters of Joe Weider's Olympia Fitness and Performance Weekend just announced the IFBB Pro Olympia Qualification Series Standings for the Open Division competitors in contention for the IFBB Mr. Olympia Bodybuilding Championships in Las Vegas, Nevada (September 17-20).
Mr. Olympia Qualification Series Standings
1. IFBB Pro Steve Kuclo, USA, 15 points
2. IFBB Pro Victor Martinez, Dominican Republic, 14 points
2. IFBB Pro Robert Piotrkowicz, Poland, 14 points
4. IFBB Pro Justin Compton, USA, 11 points
4. IFBB Pro Michael Lockett, USA, 11 points
4. IFBB Pro Brad Rowe, USA, 11 points
7. IFBB Pro S. Havlik, USA, 9 points
8. IFBB Pro Evan Centopani, USA, 8 points
8. IFBB Pro Renaldo Gairy, Canada, 8 points
10. IFBB Pro Akim Williams, USA, 6 points
11. IFBB Pro Grigori Atoyan, USA, 5 points
11. IFBB Pro Dalibor Hajek, Czech Republic, 5 points
13. IFBB Pro Henri Pierre Ano, Canada, 4 points
13. IFBB Pro Manuel Romero, USA, 4 points
13. IFBB Pro Daniel Toth, Hungary, 4 points
16. IFBB Pro Alexander Fedorov, Russia, 3 points
16. IFBB Pro Drew Jemmott, USA, 3 points
18. IFBB Pro Marius Dohne, South Africa, 2 points
18. IFBB Pro Ibrahim Fahim, Egypt, 2 points
18. IFBB Pro Kevin Jordan, USA, 2 points
18. IFBB Pro Jojo Ntiforo, USA, 2 points
18. IFBB Pro Ben White, USA, 2 points
18. IFBB Pro Christopher Wong, Canada, 2 points
18. IFBB Pro P. Zayas, Paraguay, 2 points
25. IFBB Pro Paulo Almeida, Canada, 1 point
25. IFBB Pro Jon Anderson, USA, 1 point
25. IFBB Pro Omar Deckard, USA, 1 point
25. IFBB Pro An Nguyen, USA, 1 point
25. IFBB Pro Iain Valliere, Canada, 1 pointThe "So What?":
As reported in "Andrew Oye's Pro-Muscle Report," the IFBB Pro Olympia Qualification Series Point System applies to IFBB Pro League athletes' eligibility to compete at the 2015 Joe Weider's Olympia Weekend and challenge reigning 4-time Mr. Olympia IFBB Pro Phil Heath. The 2015 IFBB contest-circuit competition winners who qualified include: IFBB Pro Dennis Wolf (Germany), IFBB Pro Shawn Rhoden (USA), IFBB Pro Branch Warren (USA), IFBB Pro Mamdouh Elssbiay (a.k.a. "Big Ramy" from Egypt), IFBB Pro Ronny Rockel (Germany), IFBB Pro Cedric McMillan (USA), IFBB Pro Fouad Abiad (Canada), IFBB Pro Brandon Curry (USA), IFBB Pro Juan Morel (USA), IFBB Pro Roelly Winklaar (Curacao), IFBB Pro Jon Delarosa (USA), IFBB Pro Victor Martinez (Dominican Republic), IFBB Pro Fred Smalls (USA), IFBB Pro Johnnie Jackson (USA), IFBB Pro William Bonac (Netherlands), IFBB Pro Essa Obaid (UAE), IFBB Pro Moe Bannout (Lebanon), IFBB Pro Max Charles (USA), IFBB Pro Dallas McCarver (USA), and USA's IFBB Pro Dexter Jackson (who, in 2015, earned his record-breaking fifth win at the Arnold Sports Festival's IFBB Pro Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic Bodybuilding Championships).
The Series' Top 5 point-scorers on the leaderboard qualify for the 2015 Mr. Olympia contest. In the event of a tie, the competitor with the best top-five contest placings will be awarded the qualification. The 2014 Olympia's Top 5 finishers automatically qualified (IFBB Pro K. Greene, IFBB Pro Shawn Rhoden, IFBB Pro Dennis Wolf, IFBB Pro Dexter Jackson). The 2014 Amateur Olympia winner, IFBB Pro Abdelaziz Jellali (Morocco), also makes the list.Andrew Oye's Verdict:
The major focus of last year was celebrating the 50th Annual edition of the Mr. Olympia contest (a.k.a. the "Super bowl of bodybuilding"). Besides the anticipation of watching Phil Heath attempt to gain his fifth Sandow trophy and break his four-win tie with IFBB Pro Jay Cutler, there is much talk about some of the qualified contenders have announced that the will not compete at the most prestigious bodybuilding event, including: 3-time consecutive 2nd place runner-up Greene, young Justin Compton (who started the season strong), and Fouad Abiad (when ended the season strong). Again, past Mr. Olympia champions include IFBB Pro Larry Scott, IFBB Pro Sergio Oliva, IFBB Pro Arnold Schwarzenegger, IFBB Pro Franco Columbu, IFBB Pro Frank Zane, IFBB Pro Chris Dickerson, IFBB Pro Samir Bannout, IFBB Pro Lee Haney, IFBB Pro Dorian Yates, IFBB Pro Ronnie Coleman, Jay Cutler, Dexter Jackson and Phil Heath.
GET THE PRO BODYBUILDING INDUSTRY SCOOP!
"ANDREW OYE'S PRO-SOURCE PRO-MUSCLE REPORT"