BODYBUILDING RECIPE: TURKEY MEATLOAF
By Admin | Wednesday, August 24, 2011 8:20:57 AM America/New_York
SERVINGS: Makes 8 portions
2.5 lbs extra lean ground turkey
1 small onion
1 small red or green pepper
2 ribs celery
1/2 cup zucchini (optional)
1/2 cup broccoli stems (optional)
1 Tbsp garlic chopped
4 egg whites
2 cups rolled oats
1 Tbsp. dried thyme
1 Tbsp. dried basil
1 Tbsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. fresh ground pepper
1 tsp. kosher salt
1. Cook all veggies until just done and soft, adding the garlic during the last minute or so of cooking (about 12-15 minutes total). Set aside to cool.
2. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
3. Put all ingredients together in a large bowl and mix well with your hands.
4. Rub 2 loaf pans liberally with olive oil or use silicone pans (works best). Fill loaf pans with meatloaf mixture.
4. Place pans on baking sheet to catch any drips and bake for approximately 35-45 minutes or until it reaches 135 degrees with a meat thermometer.
5. Remove from oven and let rest for at least 20-30 minutes.
6. Turn out onto a cutting board and slice into thick slices.
Dietary Fiber 1g
Serve with roasted apples or pears for a delicious meal.