4 (approx. 1 cup each serving)
1 lb (about 2 cups) mixture of broccoli and cauliflower (coarsely chopped)
6 scallions (green onions), chopped
2 cups Vegetable Broth
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup nonfat evaporated milk
40 grams vegetable protein powder (or soy protein
2 Tbs Smart Balance 37% Light Buttery Spread
1 tsp dried Marjoram
1 tsp black pepper
1. Combine broth, broccoli/cauliflower mixture (save about 1/3 cup of broccoli for later!), garlic, and scallions in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for about 10 minutes until veggies are tender.
2. Remove from heat and cool for a few minutes. Transfer to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
3. Steam the remaining 1/3 cup of broccoli in the microwave. Finely chop.
4. In the saucepan, melt the margarine. Mix in marjoram and pepper. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until thick and bubbling.
5. Add the pureed soup and broccoli to milk mixture and heat to serving temperature.
6. Salt and pepper to taste.
Total Fat: 3.0 g
Total Carbs: 15.3 g
Dietary Fiber: 4.0 g
Protein: 16.8 g**
**Note that although the protein powder is optional, it is included in
the nutrition information. Without protein powder: calories= 114,