This "man's man" quiche is rich in protein, vitamins, minerals and calcium. Maintaining a good calcium and protein intake are key in aiding weight and body fat control.
40 minutes (remember to pre-heat the oven)
1/4 cup protein powder (such as NytroWhey
3/4 cup Ham, cooked and cubed
1 cup Broccoli Florets (thawed if frozen)
1-4 oz can Mushrooms, drained
1/4 cup Onion, chopped
1/2 cup Swiss Cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Bisquick Baking Mix
1/4 tsp (or to taste) Salt
1/8 tsp Pepper
1 cup Skim Milk
6 Tbsp Water
Cooking and Mixing Instructions:
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Grease 9-inch pie plate with nonstick spray.
3. Sprinkle ham, broccoli, mushrooms, onions and cheese in bottom of pie plate.
4. Stir together Bisquick mix, Protein Powder, salt and pepper in mixing bowl. Add skim milk and water. Mix until blended. Pour into pie plate.
5. Bake quiche for 35-40 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
Note: Other meats and vegetables can be substituted depending on your personal taste and preference.