Bodybuilding Recipe: Jason's Gourmet Enchilladas
By Submitted by User Jason M. of ND | Monday, December 19, 2011 5:50:56 AM America/New_York
1 lb lean ground turkey (or beef)
10 Whole wheat tortillas
1 package Mexican-style shredded cheese
1 can Mild Red Enchilada sauce
1 can Mild Green Enchilada sauce
Mrs Dash Southwest Seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook meat in med saucepan until browned. Drain grease if necessary.
3. Add Southwest Seasoning to taste. (heavy sprinkling, stir, and add more usually works best).
4. Add can of red sauce to meat and stir. Reduce heat to low.
5. Microwave tortillas for 45 seconds or until warm.
6. Spoon 1-2 Tbsp of meat mixture into tortilla, sprinkle with cheese and roll, being sure to close both ends. 7. Place tortillas in 8x10 greased pan. (glass pans are best)
8. Pour green sauce over rolled tortillas in pan.
9. Sprinkle remaining cheese over enchiladas.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. (Tops of enchiladas will be slightly crisp.)
*Note: Mrs Dash seasoning is used in place of Taco Seasoning package to reduce sodium intake. Whole wheat tortillas are used in place of corn or flour tortillas to add fiber and complex carbs.
*Alternatives: Replacing the sauces with a chipotle sauce creates a totally different taste and makes for a spicier dish.